Steering Committee Launches
On March 26th, the Massachusetts Employer Health Coalition's (MEHC) Steering Committee met to begin considering interventions that will achieve MEHC's goal of reducing potentially avoidable emergency department utilization by 20% through 2020, resulting in a potential savings of as much as $100 million.
The Steering Committee will provide strategic leadership to spearhead the work of MEHC, offer insights into strategy development and implementation from the perspective of member organizations as well as broader stakeholder groups, and act as ambassadors, advocates, and partners for MEHC by offering commitments moving forward.
You can read more about the Steering Committee and its first meeting in our press release, and you can find the complete list of current members below.
MASSACHUSETTS EMPLOYER HEALTH COALITION
STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
· Employer Coalition Co-Chair: Rick Lord, President and CEO, Associated Industries of Massachusetts
· Employer Coalition Co-Chair: Eileen McAnneny, President, Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation
· Strategic Partner: David Seltz, Executive Director, Massachusetts Health Policy Commission
· Small Employer: Liora Stone, Owner and President, Precision Engineering
· Small Employer: Patricia Begrowicz, Owner and President, Onyx Specialty Papers, Inc.
· Midsize Employer: Cheryl Corman, EVP and Chief Human Resources Officer, Middlesex Savings Bank
· Midsize Employer: Stephen Carey, VP of Human Resources, Polar Beverages
· Large Employer: Maria Fraga, Global Head Benefits & Wellness, John Hancock
· Large Employer: Erin Sarin, Senior Manager, Corporate Benefits and Well-Being Strategy, MITRE
· Chamber of Commerce: Nancy Creed, President, Springfield Regional Chamber
· Provider: Marci Sindell, Chief Strategy Officer and SVP of External Affairs, Atrius Health
· Community Health Center: Manny Lopes, President and CEO, East Boston Neighborhood Health Center
· Hospital: Dr. Gene Green, President and CEO, South Shore Health
· Behavioral Health Provider: Dr. Henry White, Clinical Director, The Brookline Center for Community Mental Health
· Purchaser: Dr. Roberta Herman, Executive Director, Group Insurance Commission
· Payer: Michael Caljouw, VP of State Government and Regulatory Affairs, BCBSMA
· Payer: Dr. Patricia Toro, Associate Medical Director, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care · HR/Broker: Steven Tringale, CEO, Tringale Health Strategies and Board Chair, MHA Solutions
· Consumer: Barbra Rabson, President and CEO, Massachusetts Health Quality Partners